The Bangor Area Homeless Shelter is seeking part-time and on-call shelter aides. This is an entry level professional position designed to assist and help manage the operation of a 38-bed emergency shelter which serves individuals 18 years and older. This position supports individuals from all backgrounds and with a variety of challenges. The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones and taking messages while maintaining guest confidentiality
- Conducting interviews with potential guest seeking accommodations
- Assisting guests in completing necessary paperwork to meet their need for services
- Coordinating guests in the facility to complete cleaning and chore assignments
- Maintaining daily log books
- Maintaining a safe environment for guests and staff
All candidates will be expected to be committed to the mission and vision of the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter. Maintain open communication with all staff, work as a member of the team in the performance of duties and consistently maintain a positive attitude. Interested candidates can apply online here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.